Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Refreshed...

It only took one ENTIRE week, away, with my husband, no dishes, laundry, work of any kind and one comfortable pair of tennis shoes....

My sweet husband planned us the perfect babymoon to celebrate our little Annabelle's upcoming arrival, and I must say, it did not come one moment too soon.  We were both ready, after several busy weeks at work, just to get away.  A small plug for babymoon's...they are a must.  We had the best time, I slept in, went to the candy store every day :) and I had my husband beside me all day for an entire week!  It was wonderful.

We celebrated first by visiting our sweet friends Charlie & Heather and their new little guy Carter.  Who I must say has the most AWESOME hair of any 9 week old.  That kid is seriously stylin.  Carter was SUCH a joy to get to hang out with (as were his sweet parents).  I think he may have us a little spoiled,  we slept right beside his room for 3 nights and the boy did not wake us up once!  He was a perfect gentleman, I told Robert not to get his hopes up for those nights...I have a feeling little miss Annabelle may have a slightly different schedule :)

Here is the little man, full smile just talking away!  He is so precious!!

We had such a great time with our friends, with the BONUS of getting to practice a little with a their little one.  Tennessee in the Fall may be a must for the Whites from now on, between the leaves, the great company, the cutest trick or treaters I have ever seen, and something a little magical they call "Sweet- Cece's" (frozen yogurt, that oh ya they give you FREE if you are pregnant) we are sold on our Fall destination!


Our wonderful friends


Our next stop on our little getaway was to Charleston, neither B-dub or I had ever been and decided it was the perfect place to settle in for a few days.  Robert found the most amazing cottages I have ever seen, so perfect and quaint, like our own little page out of a pottery barn magazine.  So there we set up shop.  Complete with fireplace, cookies & milk in the afternoon, screened in porch, and a comfy couch, this prego was in Heaven! Robert let me sleep in every day, brought me breakfast in bed, and insisted I only wear my tennis shoes...much to my complaints (although I was secretly jumping for joy).  We saw the city, ate at the most fabulous restaurants, bought our little Annabelle a very pretty treat, and walked the beach to our hearts content.  Of course most of which we did NOT get photo documentation of...it is a little challenging taking pictures when you are on your own.  Nevertheless we had a trip perfect for us and perfect for our little one who was along for the ride. 

A few of our pics...
B-dub and I on the beach

Annabelle & I on the back of our porch


Our family, minus the frog :)


Perfect sunrise
Now the fun begins...we are in full baby mode as we enter the last trimester, things around the White House are shaping up to be VERY interesting in the coming days.  My B-dub is tackling the paining of the nursery this weekend, complete with ceiling paint, bathroom walls, and bathroom ceiling....YIKES!  Glad I can opt out of the duty.  However, I will be keeping myself busy preparing in other realms, furniture shopping, accessorizing and keeping our fingers crossed we can get it all done!  

12 weeks and 5 days...We CANT WAIT for our girl to get here!!!

1 comment:

  1. yea for you Mommy!
    You Look stunning. Loved reading this and seeing your beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete