Thursday, January 20, 2011

360




360-degree - complete; all around


No not the new trick I am trying on my bike, snow board (much to my husbands dismay), or any other object for that matter.  In fact any sort rotation is seemingly challenging right about now.  Our 360 is coming in all sorts of shapes and sizes these days.  We have had quite the "complete/all around" changes showing up all over the place the last 9 months, including but not limited to the all aroundness of my growing belly....which is still a growin! Our lives have taken the 360 degree turn, gradually at the beginning, now somewhat quickly things in the White house are revolving at a very, very rapid pace. 

B-dub and I had a full term celebration party on Monday, we were 37 weeks, some plans had fallen through with our friends that evening, and I was off work!! So I decided to make the most of our evening alone and attempted to connect with my former self and put together some sort of meal for my hard working husband.  Annabelle and I talked it over, and decided it was worth the grocery store trip, sore feet, and swollen legs to make dinner for our main man.  And so we did.  Lasagna it was, and I must say, it was not my typical pregnant disaster of a meal Daddy-dub has grown accustomed over the course of our prego journey.  Maybe out of sheer stubbornness and determination not to screw this one up or by some Grace from above, our full term party dinner was, yummy! Who knew I still had it in me?!?!  Anyway, I digress, just had to pat myself on the back and document in writing I was not a complete culinary failure during my entire pregnancy.

I bring it up only because it was at that dinner both Bobby and I looked at each other and had the realization that with our 360 coming to complete revolution in the next few days, weeks, hours, etc.. that  things were about to be drastically different....

All in a GREAT way, but it was somewhat of a moment to sit there and think, wow, this is going to seem like a faint memory in a few very short days.

In less than 2 years we have gone from engaged, to married, to homeowners, to newly weds, to expecting parents....followed by becoming Mom & Dad.  Unbelievable.  We have been so blessed and so overwhelmed by this growth that has developed and led us to this point, anxiously awaiting our girl,  drumming up all sorts of emotions that are beyond impossible to put into words.  So, so blessed.

So what better time than the present to reflect on our revolution into parenting from where we were to where we are....and what we hope to become.

Somewhere between May of 2009 to Jan of 2011 we went from...

This....

To This....



My Belly went from (if you are squeamish of weird belly pics you can skip over this transition, it wont hurt my feelings)
 This...
Belly at 12 Weeks


To This....

belly at 37 weeks 1 day...Its HUGE, I know, you don't have to tell me :)

My purchases moved from something like

 This....                                                       

George for Walmart blue dress


To more like

These....

                                                                                     



And our upstairs guest room has gone from

This











(Yes I know there is no picture here, that is the point, imagine a blank room, I promise there are more fun pictures to come just keep reading)

To this....


this....


This....


and finally, this....


YES!!! Our last and final phase of our 360 (aside from the whole labor and delivery thing) was completed this weekend!  Her ROOM!!!  My favorite place in the entire house.  Waiting anxiously for its newest little tenant. 

Our transformation into parents has been a process beyond imagination, I can only imagine what it will actually be like when we do indeed have our girl in our arms!  Come on Little Annabelle, we are so ready to meet you, and for you to turn our world completely around!  We are so beyond blessed to be your parents, excited beyond imagination, and anticipating every day of the rest of our lives together.....We have loved our complete, all around changes you have brought us the last 9 months and are looking forward to a lifetime of more 360's with you.





2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Can't wait to hold sweet Annabelle in her beautiful room.

    ReplyDelete