Monday, September 27, 2010

Faith

Last night we had the privilege of participating in a very moving & special church service with our friends.  On top of watching my sweet friend Alli get baptized by her husband, I was hit with the overwhelming desire for our Annabelle to be able to sink in every ounce of that very moment - even in her little home in my belly I wanted her to be there, taking in the Lord's glory.  Since we knew about our little one, I have had the burden and desire for our girl to know and trust the Lord.  This is something we have been praying for her constantly and this will be our prayer for the rest of our lives.  Last night I was reminded just how much I take for granted with my faith, and how it is not just a given for most people.  I was reminded that this journey of faith is a daily struggle, something that she will have to have the desire to seek after and something that she will have to decide.  I cant make this decision for my girl, I can only pray that her heart is open to the One who created her.  The One who formed her from her tiniest of moments.  The One who will comfort her when I cant, who will save her when I am not here, and who will always have the answer, even when I don't.  I pray this for our girl.

Below if one of my first entries for our little one.  We had an exciting beginning with our Annabelle, when I wrote this we were nervous wrecks about what the next few weeks would bring.  I was reminded in such a powerful way again that we are not in control.  Above all my fears, doubts about being a mommy, sleepless nights thinking about and pleading for the health of our girl, above all those things, our little one is being formed right this second by a God who loves her and longs for her.  This love is the greatest gift she could ever receive, that anyone could ever receive.  A gift I am eternally grateful for, not only for my life but now for the life of my little one.  So with that, I share with you our prayer.



My Sweet baby.

Today you are 8 weeks 3 days old! You are still very, very tiny but it feels like we have known you for a lifetime. In some ways we have. Your dad and I have prayed and prayed for you since before we knew about you. We love you with a love that supersedes anything I have ever experienced. To be your mommy will be my biggest joy.


We have had quite the week with you , little one. 2 trips to the doctor, on to the hospital and 3 doctors phone calls have been made to ensure you safety. But to be truthful, the only one that can ensure our little miracle- you- is safe, is our Almighty God. This has been a lesson that I have been taught my entire life, and one I will teach you from the day you are born. Sometimes we are given challenges that provide instant proof, instant reassurance, instant recovery, and sometimes we are not. This is where our Faith takes over and we rest in that faith.


Faith is believing and not seeing, I truly cannot think of a better term than that in describing what we are experiencing together. You and I are bound together in body yes, but more importantly by faith. We can’t see each other, I can t check on you in the middle of the night, hold you with my arms to comfort you, or hear you sweet cries. You can t see me, the one you will call mommy, the one whose bond with you is beyond anything I have ever experienced. We know each other by faith, a beautiful and sometimes scary promise.


Your dad is so excited about you arrival and is teaching me to rest everyday in the promise that you are created by one who is so much bigger than any of us. His leading and steadfastness is something I am praying that you not only learn from him, but something you will emulate in your life. It is one of his greatest qualities…and he has a lot .


You are so loved little one, by so many. There are so many are already making preparations for your arrival and are already loving you and praying for you. I know these days will not be my last days of worry; in fact…I am afraid they are only my first. To that I give you my promise to never, never stop praying for you. This world holds many wonders and many challenges. You will find so many things that will intrigue you and want to explore. My greatest prayer is that you too will follow after the one that is creating you, Right this second! Our God is forming your little body, this week you are getting little fingers, fingers that you will use to do so many wonderful things. There is no other explanation in your creation, than that you were and are being created by a loving God. Our Loving God that has blessed us with you. Our Loving God that will protect you. Our loving God that will comfort you, provide for you, challenge you, and love you.






This is my prayer.






Love, Mommy


“Listen to me, O’ house of Jacob, all you who remain of the house of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even in you old age & gray hairs, I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you & I will carry you; I will sustain you & I will rescue you” – Isaiah 46: 3-4

1 comment: