Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Joys of Girlhood

Sweet Annabelle!

Oh the joy you bring!  We are beside ourselves with so much joy and emotion over you it is hard to put into words.  The instant we knew you were you, our life took a turn for the better.  You make our day, every day.  To say you are our miracle will be something you wont quite understand until you are experiencing what we are experiencing right this second.  It is an indescribable joy I could have never fully understood until now.  Every day we have with you is a gift we have been so blessed with.  You little one, are our little girl.

Being a girl means you will be so many things to so many people.  You will be a granddaughter, niece, cousin, sister, daughter, mother, friend, counselor, caretaker, listener, wife, and so much more.  My heart is full thinking of all the things you are and will be.  These are roles that I have had so much joy and privilege to take on and be a part of, I am honored to share them with you little one. 

camille, caris, Grandma Jones and me


all my sweet friends
the jones girls and little Caris



The women in my life up to now have each been such an important part to who I am and what I hope to become.  Now you are a part of this precious and tightly bound group.  This circle of women is a circle that is filled with more love that you can begin to imagine.  These women have loved you since the second they knew about you and will love you beyond what you can think.  They are the ones buying you pink, loving on your mom, praying for you, celebrating you and waiting for you to make your arrival.  They are yours now and you are theirs.
Poppy, me, your daddy and Grandma White (Nana)

A role I am humbled by, a role I cant wait to see you in, and a role you will find so much comfort in will be the role of your daddy's girl.  Your daddy is the most amazing man you will ever meet.  He is one I am so grateful you will call yours and the one I chose for you, and the one I have and prayed for since I was a little girl.  You are so lucky to get to have him and I am honored to share this man that I love with the girl that will be ours.  A daddy is one of the most special gifts you will ever have girl.  You will be the apple of his eye and the joy in his step.  He is already so protective of you little Annabelle, a protectiveness I know that will grow with each passing day.  He is ready to conquer the world for you, and in your eyes he will.  He will be your hero, your knight in shining armor, the one you will run to when you skin your knee, and the one that will comfort you when you have a broken heart.  Your daddy will be yours.  A sight this mommy cant wait to see.  I am cherishing every single word that you and your daddy already share.  He dotes on you night and day, plays you music, prays for you, loves on your mom, and watches over you.  Annabelle you and I are so blessed by God to call him ours.

Annabelle's first treat for her daddy (in case you cant read it,  it says "i love daddy")

 
We are looking forward to having you in our arms and are using this time we have now to prepare for the moment we meet you.  You are forever our little girl.

Love.

Mommy

1 comment: