Tuesday, August 10, 2010

and so it begins...

My journey into the world of blogging.  A disclaimer...

The blogging journey is one I do not take lightly - for many reasons. The whole writing thing, catchy titles, cute pics, and clever posts seem like such daunting tasks for a very un-catchy/clever girl like myself.  However, the main reason for my hesitation is one a little closer to home. :)  I credit the VERY catchy, VERY clever and if I do say so myself genius writings of my brilliant sister Thebrillantcamille (no that is not her blog title, but it should be) for the serious hesitation I am currently experiencing. Seriously though if you have not gotten the benefit of reading one of her brilliantly crafted works, you should take a look,  it is one (all biases aside) publishers dream for!

I have secretly always loved the challenging task of following in her footsteps.  The 2 1/2 year game of catch up I have played to her my entire life, has proved to be one of my life's greatest joys and probably one of her greatest annoyances :)!  I have loved getting to do things at the same time as her!  We got our ears pierced together, got the same curfew in High School, I dated her friends, you know the usual annoying younger sister stuff.  Non of that proved as challenging to me as following in her footsteps of the writing venture I am attempting to embark upon!  She has always been one that can bring people to tears with her writings, her essays were featured in every class assembly, her speeches rival the White House, and now she gets paid to write things, and of course on the side she blogs! So, ya.  Then there's me!  Nonetheless, I am starting the journey.  So cheers to being the middle sister and cheers to blogging!





camille, me & shelby (who deserves her on post...and will get one)

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Love your blog. Thanks for the shout out :) But I think your writing/slash blogging is brilliant already!

    ReplyDelete