Monday, August 23, 2010

A new appreciation for Monday~

The mysterious ways of the Lord are some of life's most exciting surprises!  There have been little mysterious signs popping up all over the last 16 weeks some as insignificant as a magazine in the mail with the baby room I had been gazing at online, some more significant like the actual sound of baby dubs heartbeat projecting through my belly (one would say this is more miraculous than mysterious, I find it both...I mean hearing a heartbeat other than yours coming from your body...crazy).  But one I get a kick out of every Sunday night and Monday morning is a constant reminder to me of the Lord's great comfort and presence in mine and baby dubs life.

Monday's to me, are I am sure like they are to most...met with dread and utter reluctance to greet the next day with joy and excitement.  Every Sunday night, I try to stay up as late as possible, you would think I would take the opposite approach seeing as I have a whole week to prepare for in a few short hours...but no, I end every weekend with the stubbornness of a 2 year old, kicking & screaming until my exhaustion finally sets in.  I am guessing the Lord took my bratty ways and decided to teach me that Mondays are a gift, just like any other day, because as He would have it, B-dub and I celebrate the start of a new week in baby dub's life...on you guessed it...MONDAY! 

Who would have EVER thought I would count down the days of the week to my Monday morning!  I jump straight to my email early Monday morning to check the status of our growing one and am in awe of the developments to that lie ahead in the days to come.  To say baby dub has more productive weeks than any top executive would be an understatement!  I mean has any CEO ever created unique fingerprints in a weeks worth of work?!?! 

So baby dub starts each Monday off with a new goal, a new mission, and lots of growth to accomplish in 7 short days, making mommy's work of phone calls and emails not seem so daunting. 

This Monday is an EXTRA special day for 2 reasons....one we have now reached our 16 week maker, 4 whole months of baby!!  And two...baby dub is now the size of one of our favorite treats!
photo courtesy of: whiskusaway.blogspot.com

Can you say YUMMY!!!  Baby dub and I could eat these every meal, every day!

So with the CELEBRATION of MONDAYS in mind I thought I would leave you with few celebrations 16 weeks of pregnancy has brought to me!

1. I now have an excuse to wear the same stretchy tights everyday, to work, to play, to...well, anything.  No one judges the prego woman in stretchy tights.

2. The belly, which has in some form or fashion "popped" gives me a whole new profile.  To say I am startled every time I walk past a mirror would be an understatement.  In my head I am still the girl who HAS a waist.

3. I have now successfully cried at in a public place TWICE! Once in Target and once at a nice family dinner.  Neither time was I told I was being bratty (which I probably was) I was just quietly ignored and passed an extra tortilla.  However, let me say my husband will now take my warnings of being too tired as a valid excuse to skip a dinner or two.

4. I had food on my belly for the first time today, riding up the elevator no less.  I am guessing isn't the last time my food will wander to its new resting place.

5.  My usual Sunday afternoon naps are now interrupted by at least 1 but more likely 2 bathroom breaks...getting me used to baby being here I am sure.  Where I hear grabbing a nap is about as easy as spotting a unicorn.

6.  B-dub no longer tells me I have TONS of clothes in my closet when I say I am going shopping.  I do have TONS in my closet, but none he wants to see me wear in public.

7.  I am no longer our household's main grocery shopper!  Apparently it is not financially efficient or calorie conscious to have me wander the aisles giving into every craving that meets my eye.  My current fixture has been to buy dibs peanut butter ice cream bits.  I have not been allowed to the store since mentioning them :) A WIN-WIN if you ask me! No store trip for me & no ice cream haunting me from the fridge.  - Don't worry I do not deprive baby dub of ice cream, we go out to indulge...
(let me clarify, I am the one not allowing me...not B-dub, believe me, he knows better)
8.  My bed time has moved up from 10:30/11ish to anywhere from 9:15 to 10:00.  The 9:15 days are awesome!

9.  No one...and I mean NO ONE ever lets me miss a MEAL!  This goes all the way to my work lunch meetings...I am always the first one who gets offered a slice of pizza :)

10.  Last but not least, this week I am celebrating maybe, maybe getting to feel baby dub for the first time!  I am using every excuse to sit still and stare at my belly waiting for a flutter/bubble/tickle to make my day!

2 comments:

  1. I seriously laughed out loud at many of your comments!!! Love this!
    Congratulations beautiful girl on the 16 week marker. What a blessing! God is so good!
    So happy to read this and catch up :) these blogs are such a luxury..love getting to be 'a part' of your journey.
    Yea for babies!!!! We love you baby dub- we already love you so much.
    can't wait to hear about the first flutter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Linds, I laughed at loud! But it is a fun Monday surprise. Way to GROW baby squirm!

    ReplyDelete