Friday, August 13, 2010

An Ode to Cheese

Today my sweet squirm and I have a much needed day off work!  Let me just say I am enjoying every. single. second of this day!!!  I did stay in my bed til 10:00 am - (not without frequent bathroom breaks) but I did my best to try and extend my slumber as LONG as possible.  BLISS.  Gone are the days where a day off consists of watching every movie on t.v., pedicures with my sisters or roommates, shopping with dads credit card :) and eating Lucky Charms, so I chose to take advantage of the one piece of childhood/college days by staying in bed til my legs were itching to finally get up.

I did enjoy a meal favorite of mine this morning - my famous bowl of cereal - here I will give you the recipe, Kashi & Special K, topped with a mountain of blueberries!  YUM! I have never loved cereal as much as I do now, sure like I said, I was never one to shy away from the Lucky Charm box, or its colorful & sweet marshmallows, but I was never a cereal regular.  Sure enough, carrying a child sure changed this, and many other of my grazing habits....bringing me to my current obsession of CHEESE.

My love for cheese happened fast and furious, like a great summer love.  One day I was a normal cheese consumer, then it happened....suddenly I CANT. GET. ENOUGH.  Weird, ya, I would say so.  But how I enjoyed this phase of my first trimester.  (Disclaimer, now that I have turned the corner to what everyone says is the great one, the second trimester, I have let my relationship with cheese take a slightly healthier turn and as I type, baby dub and I are snacking on blueberries and water- fun).

Seriously though, mozzarella (especially in string form), cheddar, my childhood fav colby jack, and the not so healthy modification of mac & cheese, grilled cheese, and queso all found its way into my daily routine. For some reason or another, this was the only form of solid, or in some cases semi-solid food I could make meet my lips.  I cant say I advise this type of eating habit, as the first trimester 3-5 lbs. quickly found its way to my hips and brought a few more friends along, like 6, 7, and 8.  But looking back, I think it may have been worth it, and during those precious few months while I was under my hormonal coma, it was really the only thing that seemed even close to logical.

This craving was one I let myself indulge in, I figured its cheese, not brownies - right?!  Who knows, but I found it quite amusing.  Sweet baby dub has had a great introduction into a culinary great, and I know will appreciate his/her moms thoughtfulness of making their connection happen sooner rather than later.

There you have it, I am sure what you all have been waiting for, an deep insight into my pregnant life.

I can think of no better way to leave this post than with the sweetest picture of my precious & I must say hilarious niece - Caris, you know the thebrilliantcamille 's beautiful daughter.  I do however offer my apologies  for sharing such a precious pic of your little one under the title "an ode to cheese" but can't you just see it...as soon as her mommy said.....

SAY CHEESE!


This is the look that was produced! 

 Too precious.  I love this little one, cannot wait to see you sweet C!

(for more on C's little shirt take a look here...camilleandgarrett.blogspot.com)

1 comment: