Thursday, August 26, 2010

Progress

The gradual growth process baby dub and I are experiencing together is finally taking form...spherical form.  My once flat abdomen now resembles something more equated to a small round object that shoots through a goal or a basket rather than any sort of washboard.

Striking, no doubt, even startling at times, but one that this mommy takes great joy in and is so excited to share!  The progress was slow to start, our first signs of this new little life were something like this:

(sorry for the quality, in case you were wondering they all say pregnant)

These first life signs took us by surprise and were met with a little anxiety, doubt (mainly on B-dubs part, apparently the 99.9% accuracy rate didn't have him quite convinced), overwhelming excitement, unmeasured gratefulness, and the instant urge to call my mother!

Our next progression was one that would change our world forever, the fist visible beating of that little heart is something that still takes my breath away.  I can't say I was any sort of an expert, I in my state of shock/excitement pulled a Rachel (for those not in on the Friends lingo, the episode where she has here sonogram and cant see the baby is classic) and had to ask B-dub when the technician left the room if he could point baby dub out to me again.  Have no fear!  I finally saw with my own eyes the first glimpse of our little miracle, looking something like this:

Sweet baby-dub. All snuggled up, ready for his/her big adventure. 7 weeks 1 day old here!


Our next sign of progress was given to us a few weeks later, one doctor switch and a very anxious mommy made for an extra photo shoot of our little one.  The progress was astounding!


Little squirm, looking so cute if I do say so myself ! 9 weeks 1 day old




From this point on, although I would LOVE, give anything for, and plan on bribing my doctor the next time I see him....did not so much require an special device to see!  It quickly became pretty apparent that I too was making some progress.

Our photo attempts have not proven too successful.  One hormonal wife and a very busy husband has sort of left our scheduled photo sessions in disarray!  We do try and take one every few weeks, but with the 16 week marker on the forefront this week, I attempted to take matters into my own hands and came up with this:

Here we are, baby dub and I 16 weeks and counting! (pardon the messy bathroom, I would say it doesn't always look like that, but who am I kidding)

So there you have it, our progress!  Exciting and a little nerve racking all at the same time, we cant wait to see our little one again and are SO, SO excited to watch this belly take on a life of its own!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! YAY! YAY! LOVE the pics!!! Love that beautiful tiny baby bump!
    Tara, you are NOT going to believe the significant amount of growth action at your next sono
    Baby dub will have the most gorgeous profile and it will melt your heart! I can't wait.
    I"M DDDDYYYYIIIINNNGGGG to know what you are having. But Love the suspense too! Don't worry little one, you will know soon enough and the 'not knowing' will be a vague memory, so enjoy every wondering second ha!

    ReplyDelete