Tuesday, August 10, 2010

my joy within....intro, part 2

With my full disclosure of my blogging abilities out of the way, my interest into the blog world started as small as a  poppy seed.  For those of you who are expecting, those professional moms, or any of those who have ever read the first paragraph of "what to expect..." know just what I am referring to.  My little poppy seed, growing ever so rapidly has made the journey to blogging not one of choice, but a necessity.  Need- may be a strong word here, especially in the life stage that I currently find myself in, there are a LOT of things I have found out I am in NEED of.  Food that doesn't make me vomit, pants that stretch and stretch, lots and lots of patience from my sweet husband, fruits and veggies on a proportion I never thought possible, water, water, lots of water, SLEEP, and that is just the tip of the ice burg.  A huge part of my growing list of necessities include the intense desire to document this miraculous little poppy seed.  Every momentous occasion, all those occasions that only a mom & dad would ever mark as momentous, and everything in between. 

Although I have not seen that sweet face, my sweet poppy seed and I are bonded in a way I could have never imagined, yet it sometimes feels like we are far apart.  Far in the fact that I cant touch that precious face, rock the little one to sleep or calm his or her cries.  This need to communicate with my first born came on like a wave that knocked me off my feet, but in the most amazing of ways.  This not seeing but believing stage deepened my faith in our Creator more in one day than I had pursued to find in a lifetime.  Suddenly it became more real than ever before.  There is a creation inside me granted to me by our Creator, one that I cannot see, or touch, one that only in time I will feel and hear, and one that has changed my world forever before I have even laid eyes on on it.  The clarity of this parallel with my faith in our Lord & Saviour and this gift of creation is one that has me overcome with awe, joy, humility, deep sense of gratitude, and overwhelming thankfulness.  Leaving me with the intense desire to share my every new realization, thought and experience with my little one.  Thus creating my current state of  "need". 

I hope to share a little piece myself and my evolution into motherhood with my little poppy seed and hope that it will show some small fraction of the amount of my joy I have within.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes! Congrats! So, so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend- We are so excited!!! It has been a crazy few months :) Still want to get together soon!!

    ReplyDelete